- 8 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon mccormick pure peppermint extract
- 2 cups flour
- 36 milk chocolate (kiss-shaped candies, unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, egg and peppermint extract. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Press a chocolate candy into the center of each ball, forming dough around the candy to completely enclose it. Roll in remaining 1/2 cup sugar to coat. Place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.