- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 peppermint candy canes (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the KitchenAid® Gas Convection Slide-In Range to 350° F, and lightly mist a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt in the bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer fitted the flat beater. Stir on low speed to combine.
- Mix in the butter on low speed, until the mixture resembles moist crumbs. Stir in the eggs until combined.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the Greek yogurt, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Beat on medium speed for about 90 seconds to aerate the batter and build the cake’s structure.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake in the Slide-In Range for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then invert the cake onto a serving platter.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan from the KitchenAid® Stainless Steel 10-Piece Set, and place over medium-low heat until just barely beginning to simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to stand for 3 minutes.
- Use a silicone spatula to stir the ganache until smooth. Drizzle the topping over the cooled cake, and garnish with chopped peppermint candy canes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.