- peppermint (Filling)
- chocolate glaze
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (family-size)
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 14 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon mccormick pure peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon berry (color from McCormick® Color from Nature™ - Food Colors)
- 12 ounces semi sweet baking chocolate (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup butter
- peppermint candies
- For the Brownie, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the Filling, beat confectioners’ sugar, melted butter, cream, peppermint extract and Berry color in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For the Glaze, microwave chocolate and remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Cut into bars.