- 3 pounds pork loin roast, boneless
- 2 tablespoons black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chile (minced*)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (chopped)
- 1/3 cup cherry jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub pepper and garlic salt onto all surfaces of roast; place in a shallow pan and roast for 45-60 minutes (20 minutes per pound, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F. Let roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile make the salsa, combine onion, green pepper, jalapeno, dried cherries, jam, vinegar and cilantro; mix well. (Can be made ahead up to one day; cover and refrigerate).
- Arrange sliced pork on a serving platter; dress with Cherry Salsa.