- 4 boneless pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chiles (drained)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (drained and chopped)
- 1/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade. Set aside artichoke hearts. Stir together artichoke marinade, hot pepper sauce and black pepper. Place chops in a self-sealing bag, pour marinade over, seal bag and let stand 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- For Relish: Chop reserved artichoke hearts; combine with drained tomatoes & chiles, red peppers, olives, basil and lemon juice. Set aside to let flavors blend at room temperature 30 minutes to one hour. Cover and refrigerate for longer storage.
- Prepare moderately hot fire in kettle-style grill. Drain chops, discarding marinade. Place chops directly over heat, lower grill hood and grill 6-8 minutes; turn and grill 7-8 minutes more or until an inserted meat thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serve with Artichoke Relish.