Pepper Steak with Aromatic RiceHoje para Jantar
You do not have to spend all day in the kitchen to prepare a perfect and palate pleasing dinner. This recipe for Pepper Steak with Aromatic Rice is hearty and flavorful. The steak pairs perfectly with the pepper, onions, spices and other ingredients. Serve this dish up with your favorite rice and add a salad for a complete meal. This quick and easy recipe can be made any day of the week for a wholesome dinner with the family.
- 2 tablespoons spice mix (pepper)
- 2 beef steak
- olive oil
- 1/2 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 cup rice (aromatic, or similar)
- 2 cups water
- salt (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- golden raisins (to taste)
- sliced almonds (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Place pepper in a mortar and grind coarsely.
- 2Pound steaks with a mallet on both sides and season steaks with pepper blend.
- 3Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 4Add rice and fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Heat water in a saucepan or kettle, and add to rice. Stir, season with a pinch of salt, add bay leaf and let cook over low heat.
- 6In a dry skillet, lightly toast the almond flakes, watching carefully.
- 7When the rice is cooked, add golden raisins and almonds and stir carefully.
- 8Heat a little olive oil and butter in a frying pan and cook steaks to taste.
- 9Serve with a green salad, if desired.