You do not have to spend all day in the kitchen to prepare a perfect and palate pleasing dinner. This recipe for Pepper Steak with Aromatic Rice is hearty and flavorful. The steak pairs perfectly with the pepper, onions, spices and other ingredients. Serve this dish up with your favorite rice and add a salad for a complete meal. This quick and easy recipe can be made any day of the week for a wholesome dinner with the family.
- 2 tablespoons spice blend (pepper)
- 2 beef steaks
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup rice (aromatic, or similar)
- 2 cups water
- salt (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- golden raisins (to taste)
- almond flakes (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place pepper in a mortar and grind coarsely.
- Pound steaks with a mallet on both sides and season steaks with pepper blend.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Heat water in a saucepan or kettle, and add to rice. Stir, season with a pinch of salt, add bay leaf and let cook over low heat.
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast the almond flakes, watching carefully.
- When the rice is cooked, add golden raisins and almonds and stir carefully.
- Heat a little olive oil and butter in a frying pan and cook steaks to taste.
- Serve with a green salad, if desired.