- olive oil
- Rinse peppers, drain and wipe dry.
- Halve peppers, remove seeds and ribs and cut into large pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- When boiling, add peppers and boil until knife-tender.
- Remove peppers from pan, drain well and remove skin.
- Place peppers in a colander.
- Place a heave object on top of the peppers for at least 30 minutes to squeeze out excess water.
- Puree peppers with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and place pepper puree in colander.
- Drain puree for at least 12 hours.
- For every 4 parts pepper, add 1 part salt and mix well.
- Place in sterilized jars, cover with olive oil to conserve.