- 3/4 pound ham (thinly sliced and cut into strips)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (green, yellow, or red, seeded and thinly sliced)
- 2 summer squash (small, zucchini OR yellow squash, thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces penne (OR other small pasta shape)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (minced)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (minced)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté pepper, squash and garlic until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano, set aside. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and return to hot pan. Stir in pepper mixture, cream, basil and tomato; toss thoroughly and remove to serving platter. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and season with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Serves 4.