- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp (peeled, and deveined)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus extra for seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus extra for seasoning)
- 15 ounces tomatoes (whole, drained, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup clam juice (I do not recommend substituting)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni (thinly, my addition)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine, clam juice, and heavy cream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp, the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs.
- Toss together until all ingredients are coated.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced pepperoni if desired.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1610Calories from Fat560|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat560|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.