There is nothing like a slice of sweet pecan pie. A butter crust is topped with a pile of nutty pecans and a sweet caramel. In this version, maple sugar adds a ton of flavor. This recipe only has 10 ingredients, most of which are likely already in your pantry. This is the perfect dessert to enjoy after a Thanksgiving meal, all you need is a little bit of whipped cream to top it.
- 165 grams butter (softened)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups maple sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 grams pecans (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Make the crust by creaming the butter and sugar together with the salt. Add the egg and, once incorporated, add the flour. Mix just enough to incorporate. Cover the ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 or 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into circles. Line muffin tin cups with each. Refrigerate.
- Blend the maple sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla together in the blender.
- Place the pecans in the bottom of each muffin tin cup. Spoon the filling over each, leaving a space of 1 centimeter between the filing and the top of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the crust is golden around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
|Calories1050Calories from Fat610|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat610|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.