Pecan-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Pinwheels with Carolina Mustard SaucePORK
Pecan-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Pinwheels with Carolina Mustard Sauce
Chris Lilly from Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q created this tenderloin dish. Serve with Beet, Walnut and Blue Cheese Salad and baked beans. You can also use these medallions as part of an appetizer buffet.
- Cut pork lengthwise into six 1/4-inch slices. Separate slices; place on cutting board (slices should be the size and shape of the bacon). Place a slice of bacon on each pork slice. Starting at one end, roll up into a spiral. Secure with 2 wooden toothpicks.
- For Carolina Mustard Sauce; combine mustard, honey, vinegar, catsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the sauce until ready to serve. Brush remaining sauce over pork.
- For Pecan Crust; combine pecans, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Cut each pork spiral in half to form 2 pinwheels (12 total) and the secure ends with water-soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers. Coat each pork spiral with pecan mixture.
- Grill pinwheels on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-high heat (375-400 degrees F.) until pork is slightly pink in center, 6-8 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, followed by a 3-minute rest time. To serve, drizzle reserved sauce over pinwheels.