- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk
- 1 salt (and freshly ground pepper)
- 4 halibut fillets
- vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine flour, cornmeal, and pecans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour milk into a large saucepan, add the halibut in a single layer, cover and simmer over medium-low heat until fish is almost cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Remove fish to pecan mixture, coat on both sides.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet (1/2-inch depth of oil). When oil is very hot add the fish and fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side. Remove fish to paper towels, drain, and keep warm.
- In sauce pan melt butter, stir in wine, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish on plates and spoon sauce over fish, or serve the sauce on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1040Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Halibut with a Pine Nut CrustBarefeet In The Kitchen
Pecan-Crusted Fish with Crab Salad and Crushed Corn SauceToday
Pecan Crusted SalmonCreations by Kara
Pecan 'n cheese-crusted chickenHellmann's
Roasted Halibut with Walnut CrustEpicurious
Pecan Crusted Salmon with Lemon GlazeDamn Delicious
Pecan Crusted Tilapia with Swiss Chard PestoFamily Table Treasures
Pecan-Crusted Fish SticksLiz's Healthy Table
Almond-Crusted Halibut with Lemon Garlic ButterAhead of Thyme
Pecan-Crusted Maple SalmonErica's Recipes
Pecan-Crusted Speckled Trout with Chile-Lemon OilLouisiana Cookin'
Macadamia Crusted HalibutAri's Menu
Pecan-Crusted Catfish with Spicy Cream SauceFood Network
Air Fryer Cajun Pecan Crusted Gardein Fishless FiletsHealthy Slow Cooking
Pecan-Crusted Honey Mustard SalmonEveryday Dishes
Easy Macadamia Crusted Halibut With Quick Lemon Butter Cream SaucePeanut Blossom
Pecan Crusted SalmonFavorite Family Recipes
Almond-Crusted HalibutFine Cooking