- 1/2 cup gluten flour (vital wheat)
- 1/4 cup whey (protein)
- 1/8 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped/broken, small pieces)
- Sift together flours, baking powder, mustard and pepper. Cream butter, gradually blend in cheese and nuts. Add flour mixture slowly until blended.
- Divide dough in half, make rolls 1 1/2-inch in diameter, wrap in foil or waxed paper and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each roll into very thin slices. Arrange on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Cool immediately on wire racks.
- This recipe yields 7 dozen crackers; each 4 cracker serving is 1 carb gram.
- Yield: 84 crackers