- extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- tomatoes (ripe, to taste, cut into cubes)
- 1 bay leaf
- bacon (to taste)
- 1 chorizo sausage
- pork (streaky, to taste)
- 50 milliliters white wine
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- peas (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- eggs (to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté.
- Peel and dice tomatoes,
- Add diced tomatoes to pan and sauté briefly.
- Add bay leaf and braise over low heat.
- Finely chop bacon, smoked chorizo sausage and streaky pork and add to pan.
- Cook briefly. Drizzle with white wine.
- Add water until it covers the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Add the peas.
- Tip: To keep peas bright green, sprinkle with a tablespoon of baking soda when mixture starts to boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over the eggs.
- Cover with lid and poach eggs over low heat, to taste.
- Serve immediately.