If you are looking for another quick dish to add to your weeknight repertoire, here you go, and it calls for only a handful of ingredients. While draining the peas, saute whole unpeeled garlic cloves in a hot skillet with lots of olive oil to infuse the oil with its flavor, and then add the sliced pork sausage and cook until crisp, flipping halfway through if desired. You can squeeze the cloves out the skins and spread the garlic on crusty bread to serve along with.
- 1 can peas
- 3 pork sausages (cured, smoked, peeled and sliced)
- 7 garlic cloves (unpeeled, crushed)
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Drain peas in a colander and rinse with water.
- Leave standin colander and set aside.
- In a pan, Place a generous amount of olive oil covering the bottom of a pan and fry garlic cloves in hot oil.
- Add sausage and cilantro.
- Cook briefly.
- Fold in peas.