Pears, Roquefort, Pecans and Cranberries Savory TartOn dine chez Nanou
Get ready for a tart with a twist! This dessert will complement any meal. It’s packed pears, pecans, cranberries and roquefort cheese that will hold you over between meals as well. It delivers just the right amount of sweetness and strong cheese flavor.
- 210 grams flour
- 5 grams salt
- 100 grams softened butter
- 4 pears
- 100 grams roquefort cheese
- 40 grams pecans
- 40 grams dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and diced butter.
- 2Knead everything with your hands.
- 3Make a well in the center, and pour 75 ml of cold water.
- 4Working quickly, mix the dough with your fingertips.
- 5On a lightly floured work surface, mash the dough with the palm of your hand to flatten it.
- 6Turn it in a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap, place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- 8Remove the dough from the refrigerator, 15 minutes before working on it.
- 9Roll out the dough forming a circle in a lightly floured surface.
- 10Carefuly turn the dough into a pie dish, lined with parchment paper.
- 11Spread the cream cheese with a spoon on the bottom of the pie shell, leaving a 1 inch space all around the edge of the crust.
- 12Peel the pears, cut them into small cubes and place them on the bottom of the pie.
- 13Crumble the Roquefort, and sprinkle over the pears, as well as the cranberries and the pecans.
- 14Fold the edges of the dough over the pie.
- 15Bake for about 20 minutes and serve with green salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.