Pears Belle HeleneOn dine chez Nanou
Pears are the starting point for this easy-yet-elegant dinner-party dessert. The pears are poached in a syrup infused with vanilla beans, becoming tender enough to eat with a fork—or a spoon, all the better to scoop up the ice cream at the base of each dish. Store-bought candies, melted with heavy cream to make a sauce, and hazelnut nougat are delectable toppings. Poach the pears, prepare the sauce, and freeze the ice cream in the glasses before dinner, then assemble everything just before serving.
- water (1 lt.)
- 250 sugar (gramsgranulated)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 vanilla beans
- 4 pears (ripe Williams)
- 15 candy (michokos, or any chocolate coated soft caramel candy)
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- vanilla ice cream (1/2 lt.)
- nougat (Crispy hazelnut, crumbled)
- 1Boil the water with sugar and vanilla bean in a large saucepan.
- 2Peel the pears and poach them in the syrup for about 40 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool in the syrup. Refrigerate.
- 4In a small saucepan melt the candy and cream over low heat.
- 5In each dessert glass add 2 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream, packing well with the back of a spoon.
- 6Put them back into the freezer until serving time.
- 7Cut the tip of each pear so it lays flat.
- 8Top each ice cream filled glass with one poached pear.
- 9Cover with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with crispy nougat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories890Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.