The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Pearled Barley Sauteed with Morels, Green Asparagus, and Wild Garlic. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Pearled Barley Sauteed with Morels, Green Asparagus, and Wild Garlic recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 100 grams mushrooms (fresh morel)
- 1 bunch asparagus (green)
- 300 grams pearl barley (cooked)
- 5 wild garlic (leaves)
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallots
- Wash and clean the mushrooms, cut lengthwise in 4 pieces, depending on their size.
- Wash the asparagus, and cut off the ends. Finally, cut the remaining stems in 1 centimeter pieces.
- Peel and cut the shallot into small chunks.
- In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and brown the shallot, then add the morels.
- Season with salt, and cook for about ten minutes, stirring often.
- Set aside in a plate.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and saute the raw asparagus over high heat for 7 to 8 minutes, until slightly crisp. Add the chopped wild garlic leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add morels to the skillet, then pearled barley, and the mascarpone cheese last. Lower the heat, and mix well.
- Serve in bowls, and garnish with chervil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.