Pearled Barley Sauteed with Morels, Green Asparagus, and Wild GarlicOn dine chez Nanou
The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Pearled Barley Sauteed with Morels, Green Asparagus, and Wild Garlic. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Pearled Barley Sauteed with Morels, Green Asparagus, and Wild Garlic recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 100 grams mushrooms (fresh morel)
- 1 bunch asparagus (green)
- 300 grams pearl barley (cooked)
- 5 wild garlic (leaves)
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallots
- 1Wash and clean the mushrooms, cut lengthwise in 4 pieces, depending on their size.
- 2Wash the asparagus, and cut off the ends. Finally, cut the remaining stems in 1 centimeter pieces.
- 3Peel and cut the shallot into small chunks.
- 4In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and brown the shallot, then add the morels.
- 5Season with salt, and cook for about ten minutes, stirring often.
- 6Set aside in a plate.
- 7In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and saute the raw asparagus over high heat for 7 to 8 minutes, until slightly crisp. Add the chopped wild garlic leaves.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Add morels to the skillet, then pearled barley, and the mascarpone cheese last. Lower the heat, and mix well.
- 10Serve in bowls, and garnish with chervil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.