This colorful pasta dish will become a favorite as a special but simple dinner for two. Serve with garlic toast and sliced cherry tomatoes tossed with vinaigrette.
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin (thinly sliced, about 1/2 whole tenderloin)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pears (large ripe, cored and cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons pistachios (shelled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups fusilli (cooked, OR rotini, kept warm)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Stir-fry pork until no longer pink, 2-3 minutes. Add oregano, garlic, Marsala, salt and pepper. Cook about 1 minute to reduce liquid by half. Add pear and pistachios, stir. Add butter. When butter is just melted, add hot pasta, toss. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.