Perfectly balancing sweet and savory flavors, this Pear, Pecorino Cheese, and Hazelnut Pie is for anyone who loves pears and cheese. A beautifully flavored pie, this is a must make for your next brunch. The filling for this pie is made by alternating layers of thinly sliced pears with thinly sliced pecorino cheese. Topped with chopped hazelnuts this pie is a delightful treat. Prepare the dough beforehand, at least one hour, to allow it to chill before rolling it out.
- 150 grams soy flour (or all purpose flour)
- 50 grams rice flour
- 100 grams salted butter (well chilled and cut into pieces)
- ice water (as needed)
- 4 pears (–5 small, cut into thin slices)
- 200 grams pecorino cheese (cut into slices)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- To prepare the pie crust, combine the flour with the cold pieces of butter, gradually adding the ice water and kneading until the dough is uniform in consistency, but without over-kneading.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for approximately 1 hour.
- To prepare the filling, peel the pears and slice them thinly, slice the cheese to the same thickness as the pears.
- Chop the hazelnuts coarsely, most will be used in the filling and some will be use on the pie crust.
- To prepare the pie, remove the dough from the refrigerator, roll it out and place it in a buttered pie plate, add the chopped hazelnuts, then add the pear slices alternating with the cheese slices.
- Add the remaining chopped hazelnuts, the grated cheese, a pinch of salt, and a generous amount of ground black pepper.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and serve warm.
|Calories780Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.