- 2 eggs (organic)
- 150 grams light brown sugar
- 240 milliliters plain yogurt
- 75 milliliters olive oil
- 140 grams flour
- 85 grams chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 450 grams diced pears
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (to sprinkle)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a round cake pan (25 centimeter in diameter), and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar very well.
- Add the yogurt and olive oil, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and baking soda, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the diced pears, and mix the the batter gently, without stirring too much.
- Place the batter in the pan and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, for about 40 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Rye or buckwheat flour can be substituted for chestnut flour, and spiced apples can be used instead of pears.