Pear Upside Down CakeKitchenAid
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened, divided)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 Asian pears (ends trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 425° F
- 2Butter 9-inch cake pan and set aside. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl. Place 4 tablespoons softened butter, along with sugar, in the bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with Flat Paddle attached. Mix on Speed 4 until combined and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk and mix until just combined, about 1 minute. Fold this mixture into the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- 3Attach Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Insert food holder into center of one end of pear and secure onto attachment. Insert food skewer through pear, up to first mark. Attach Thick Blade to attachment. Position bowl under blade to catch pears. Turn Stand Mixer to Speed 2 and position blade against pear to process.
- 4Transfer pear sheet to cutting board and cut into 4-5-inch lengths.
- 5Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and pour into prepared pan. Add brown sugar and pecans. Make even stacks of pears and place over butter sugar mixture. Spread batter over top and bake 30-35 minutes until pick comes out clean.
- 6Let cool 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plate. Let cool completely before serving.