Pear Tart with MeringueMarmita
Mixing together the dough on a cutting board or other work surface is how the pros do it, rather than in a bowl, which would also work if that makes you more comfortable. Be sure to allow the dough to rest for at least an hour before rolling it out, as this will make that task all the easier to do. While it's resting, you can prepare the filling, and while the pie is baking you can whip up the meringue for the luscious topping.
- 125 grams plain flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 75 grams margarine
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 300 milliliters crème fraîche (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 pears
- 1 egg whites
- 50 grams powdered sugar
- lemon (Drops)
- 1Pour out the flour onto a flat surface and make a well in the center. Place the margarine and sugar in the well and mix.
- 2Add the egg and baking powder and knead again very well.
- 3Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- 4Peel and cut the pears into small pieces and place them in a pan over a low heat with a tablespoon of sugar, cinnamon and ginger to your taste and cook well.
- 5Remove from heat, let cool and add the crême fraîche.
- 6After the dough has risen, roll it out (with rolling pin or your hands). Place in a pie pan and pour in the pear filling. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- 7Remove from heat, prepare meringue and place over the top of the pie. Bake (with only the top heat of the oven on) at 360°F until browned (like in the picture).