Pear Tart with Hazelnut Cream on a Shortbread CrustOn dine chez Nanou
Pear lovers rejoice! The sweet flavor of this favorite fruit is combined with the creamy, nutty taste of hazelnuts. This tart is perfect for special occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries, or weddings.
- 2 egg yolks
- 220 grams granulated sugar (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 220 grams butter (softened)
- 190 grams flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 2 grams salt
- 100 grams ground hazelnuts
- 2 eggs
- 40 grams heavy cream
- 3 pears (according to their size)
- 2 tablespoons quince jelly
- crushed pistachio
- 1Whisk 2 egg yolks with 120 grams of sugar in a large bowl until the mixture whitens.
- 2Add 120 gram of soft butter and mix.
- 3When the mixture is smooth, add the flour and baking powder. Stir to form a smooth dough.
- 4Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 6Roll out the pastry, 5 centimeters thick, on a lightly floured parchment paper.
- 7Butter your pastry ring. Cut the dough using the ring as a template and place it (along with the pastry ring) on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. It is important to cook the shortbread crust in the ring so it does not change shape while baking.
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let it cool. It should be slightly golden because it will bake again with hazelnut cream and pears.
- 9To prepare the filling, mix 100 grams of butter and 100 grams of sugar in a bowl. Add the ground hazelnuts, the eggs, and then the heavy cream. Use a wooden spoon or spatula but not a whisk, as this would incorporate air in the preparation which would make the dish too puffy while cooking.
- 10Spread the cream on the cold shortbread.
- 11Wash the pears, cut them in slices keeping the skin, and place on the hazelnut cream.
- 12Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar and bake at 200 C for 25/30 minutes.
- 13Pour the jelly in a small bowl, warm it in the microwave, and use a brush to glaze the cake.
- 14Add the crushed pistachios for decoration.
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.