This simple recipe is a basic lesson in salad making 101: First you need lettuce (any kind will do), which here is washed, drained, shredded, and then arranged on a platter. Then you'll want to add interesting toppings, such as sliced fresh pears …
tossed with fresh lemon juice to prevent browning) and diced Brie (or other creamy cheese with a pungent taste). It's dressed with a red wine vinaigrette and finished with crushed almonds.
- 8 lettuce leaves (large)
- 3 pears
- lemon juice (to taste)
- 125 grams brie cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- almonds (crushed, to taste)
- Cut prepared lettuce into thin strips.
- Halve pears and then cut into quarters, remove core and cut into slices.
- Brush pear slices with a little lemon juice and set aside.