These pancakes feature the winning, albeit slightly unexpected, combination of pears and poppy seeds. Grated pears replace the usual potatoes in the batter, which is flavored with vanilla and sweetened with sugar. The method for cooking them is the…
same, though. Be sure to wipe away excess oil before ladeling in the batter; you only need coat the pan to keep the cakes from sticking. Serve warm, with the desired toppings.
- 200 grams self rising flour
- 250 milliliters milk
- 1 egg
- 2 pears (grated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a bowl, combine the flour and milk with a whisk.
- Add the egg, pears, vanilla extract, sugar, and poppy seeds.
- Heat a small frying pan with a bit of cooking oil and remove the excess with a tissue.