Pear Crumble with OatsAs receitas lá de casa
It's worth having a crumble topping recipe in your regular rotation, or even stashed away in your freezer (it keeps for months and needs no thawing before using), since you can basically use the same one for a variety of different fruit bases. In this version, oats, brown sugar, flour, and margarine (or butter) are what goes into the topping that's crumbled over diced pears mixed with lemon juice, port, jam, and cinnamon.
- pears (Peeled and cored)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 4 tablespoons fruit jam (choice)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup margarine (melted)
- 1Preheat oven to 356°F.
- 2Rinse, peel and core the pears. Cut into cubes. Place pears in a baking pan and sprinkle with lemon juice and Port. Add the jam and a dash of cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- 3In a bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and margarine. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- 4Sprinkle the oat mixture over the pears to cover completely.
- 5Bake for about 30 minutes or until the topping is well browned.
- 6Sprinkle the pears with the lemon juice and the Porto wine. Add the jam and a pinch of cinnamon and mix everything well.
- 7Serve hot, warm, or cold.