Pear Cake with CaramelAs receitas lá de casa
Prepare this simple yet sophisticated dessert for a fall dinner party, or for no particular occasion at all. Be sure to buy small pears that are ripe but still firm enough to hold their shape during baking, as they are fanned out on the bottom of the pan (and will eventually be on top). The batter is mixed in a blender, as is the caramel (unless you prefer to use a saucepan). During baking, the caramel will thicken and form a delectable layer with the pears.
- 8 pears (small ripe, sliced)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 grams sugar
- 200 milliliters milk
- 150 grams butter (or margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caramels
- 150 milliliters water
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a round, shallow pan with a small amount of butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 3Line the bottom of the pan with the sliced pears and set aside.
- 4In the blender cup, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, milk, butter and eggs. Beat for 30 seconds on medium (speed 4) until smooth.
- 5Pour the batter over the sliced pears.
- 6Rinse the blender cup, add the brown sugar, caramel and water and blend for 4 minutes on low (speed 2) at 212°F (or, in a saucepan, bring the ingredients to a boil over medium heat).
- 7Carefully pour the caramel sauce over the cake batter. (Note: It may look like there is too much liquid, do not worry. The cake will set up while baking).
- 8Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- 9Check the cake and remove from the oven.
- 10Turn out onto a deep plate or pie pan to catch the caramel sauce.