Peanut Sugar CookiesMadeleine Cocina
These are not just any cookies, these are Peanut Sugar Cookies. Have you ever tried Peanut Sugar Cookies before? Well today is your lucky day. These Peanut Sugar Cookies are not only healthy but packed with flavor. You will love baking these Peanut Sugar Cookies with your family and serving them in a cookie jar on the kitchen table. Let us know your thoughts about our Peanut Sugar Cookies recipe in the comments below or by giving this recipe a star rating.
- 150 grams margarine (at room temperature)
- 150 grams shortening (or lard at room temperature)
- 160 grams powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 375 grams flour
- 1/2 cup peanuts (crushed, unsalted)
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 11 cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 180C
- 2Add the margarine, shortening/lard, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt into a large bowl.
- 3Mix all of the ingredients with an electric mixer until it’s soft and creamy without any lumps.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the crushed peanuts, flour and baking powder.
- 5Add this mixture into the first bowl and mix well.
- 6Cover a table top or large pan with flour and place the dough on top.
- 7Stretch out the dough into a medium sized, round mass. Make sure that the dough is about 1/2 inch thick
- 8Using a 3 inch, round cookie cutter, cut out round portions from the dough (you may also cut them out by hand).
- 9Place the round slices of dough on a cooking tray 1 inch apart.
- 10Place the tray in the oven and bake at 180C for 25 minutes.
- 11Once the edges are somewhat brown, take the tray out from the oven and set them aside to cool off for 10 minutes.
- 12Optional: before letting the cookies cool off, you may also cover both sides of each cookie with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.