Peanut Chicken with Avocado SauceMadeleine Cocina
Chicken is one of the most versatile meats because it can be added to just about any type of sauce, pasta, sandwich, rice, side dish or main dish. This Peanut Chicken with Avocado Sauce will tantalize the taste buds and become a favorite for years to come. It is not only savory with the richness of the avocado and peanuts, it also is tart with lime juice, as well as spicy with the chili flakes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (medium, pounded thin)
- 1/3 cup peanuts (ground)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions (medium, cut into half moons)
- 3 cups lettuce
- 1/2 avocado (ripe)
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes (may substitute cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime
- 2 lime
- water (if needed)
- 1Place the ground peanuts onto a dish and add salt and pepper. Coat the chicken with the peanut mixture.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and cook on medium-high heat until cooked on both sides.
- 3Saute the onion in a separate skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt until lightly golden.
- 4Prepare the avocado sauce by mashing together the avocado, onion, chile flakes, olive oil, and lime juice and rind. Add water if necessary.
- 5Place the chicken over the lettuce and onions on a serving dish. Drizzle with avocado sauce and serve the remaining on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories630Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.