- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 extra-large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk (shaken, at room temperature, If you don’t have buttermilk no worries! Add 1 Tbsp of white vinegar to a bowl and 1 cup of milk- let sit 5 minutes then use needed amount)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder (good)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- salted peanuts (Chopped, to decorate, optional)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Favorite)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- I suggest starting by making your ganache first because it takes some time to cool to room temp.
- In a medium-large sized microwave safe bowl heat heavy cream until it SIMMERS not boils. About 3-4 minutes
- Pour chocolate chips into a food processor.
- Add the hot cream.
- Process until creamy.
- Set aside until it cools to room temperature. About 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and 2 sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Lower the speed to medium, add the eggs 1 at a time,
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and coffee.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- On low speed, add the buttermilk mixture and the flour mixture alternately in thirds to the mixer bowl, beginning with the buttermilk mixture and ending with the flour mixture.
- Mix only until blended.
- Fold the batter with a rubber spatula to be sure it’s completely blended.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan so each cup is filled about ¾ of the way. I used a gravy ladle and it was almost just enough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Pb Filling:
- In a medium mixing bowl combine softened butter and peanut butter and beat on medium-low.
- Add sifted powdered sugar and continue to beat mixture until smooth and blended.
- Add to a frosting bag with tip.
- Set aside.
- Ganache Frosting Final Step:
- Once ganache has cooled to room temperature add to a standing mixer bowl and whisk on high until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a tipped frosting bag and set aside.
- Assembling the cupcakes:
- Once cupcakes have cooled fill each cupcake with pb filling by inserting tip of bag into center of cupcake and lightly squeezing the frosting bag.
- The top of the cupcake with expand slightly.
- Repeat until each cupcake is filled.
- Frost each cupcake by slowly squeezing the bag with the tip slightly touching the cupcake. You can either spin the cupcake or move your bag creating a spiral around the perimeter of the cupcake working your way to the center.
- Top with chopped salted peanuts (optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.