No one will ever make peanut butter cookies like grandma used to make. That is a fact. She baked them with her own special love that warmed your soul. This recipe, however, is as close as you can get to her decadent desserts. This recipe calls for softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, peanut butter, flour, baking soda, and salt. Have a couple with a tall glass of milk for old times sake.
- 100 grams butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Once the mixture is fluffy and creamy, add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat. Then, add the peanut butter and mix.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 2-centimeter diameter balls and place on baking trays, separated from each other. Press down using a fork.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
- Take out of the oven, let the cookies rest on the baking trays for 2 minutes, and then place on an oven rack to cool completely.
|Calories240Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.