These peanut butter cookies have the trademark hash mark that's made by pressing down on the dough with the tines of a fork, first this way and then that, before baking. If you have kids, delegate this task to them, as it is great fun. The dough is sticky and needs to be thoroughly chilled before shaping it into balls, which even the littlest ones can help out with, too.
- 120 milliliters sugar
- 125 milliliters peanut butter
- 1 eggs
- 250 milliliters flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 milliliters milk
- Beat the egg and sugar together until creamy. Add the peanut butter and milk. Sift dry ingredients together and add to peanut butter mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form into small balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Press each ball with the tines of a fork. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden.