Give blondies a healthy, high protein makeover with this mouthwatering dessert! Laced with peanut butter and dark chocolate chips, your guests will never guess that this recipe is made with chickpeas!
- 1 can chickpeas (15oz/ 425g, drained)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 eggs (or flax egg)
- 1/3 cup 70% cacoa dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons 70% cacoa dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/ 180℃
- Line a 8 inch x 8 inch (20cm x 20cm) baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and an egg to a food processor or high-powered blender container.
- Pulse the food processor/blender 5-10 times, then blend on high until smooth.
- Detach the food processor/blender container from the appliance, and mix ⅓ cup of chocolate chips into the blondie batter with a spatula.
- Poor the blondie batter into the parchment-lined baking tin. Smooth with a spatula to create one even layer.
- Finely chop the peanuts. Sprinkle the peanuts and 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips on top of the blondie batter.
- Insert the baking tin into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is spongy.
- Remove the baking tin from the oven, and allow the blondies to cool. When cool, slice the blondies into squares and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.