Here's a quick, easy, and delicious cake that would be perfect for having around as an afterschool snack or for tucking into a lunchbox for a special surprise. But it's not just for kids; even adults will appreciate the combination of peanut butter and chocolate chips in the batter. The cake will keep for a few days at room temperature, wrapped well in plastic. It's great on its own, or you could drizzle it with melted chocolate for extra goodness.
- 4 eggs
- 130 grams brown sugar
- 70 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 130 grams peanut butter
- 180 grams flour
- chocolate chips (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Start by beating the eggs with the sugar until creamy. Add the softened butter and beat again. Slowly add the peanut butter while continuing to beat. Incorporate the flour and then the chocolate.
- Grease and flour a baking dish with a 5-centimeter rim. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Unmold and let cool on a rack before serving.