For your next grilled meal, serve this grilled roast with peach sauce. Accompany with deviled eggs, Black and Blue Cole Slaw, and Doctored Beans.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 29 ounces peach slices (in heavy syrup, undrained)
- In blender, combine salt, pepper, ginger, oil, vinegar, brown sugar, chili sauce, and undrained peaches. Blend until smooth. Place pork loin in a heavy plastic bag, pour half of peach sauce over; refrigerate, covered, overnight. Refrigerate remaining peach sauce.
- Prepare grill by arranging a drip pan surrounded by medium-hot coals (if using a gas grill, heat to medium temperature). Add hickory chips, dampened with water, to heat source. Place pork on grill over drip pan and cook for 40 minutes (about 20 minutes per pound). Baste often with marinade until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice thinly and serve with reserved peach sauce, heated.