If you have signed up to bring a rich and decadent dessert to the next garden party, then why not give this Lavender Scented Crispy Wafers with Peaches and Raspberries? This recipe is rich and flavorful. The pastry is rich and buttery. The cream is…
a decadent and aromatic topping for the crisp wafers. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your loved ones with sweet treat they will never forget.
- 310 grams flour
- 210 grams butter (chopped)
- ice water (6 cl.)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pint raspberries
- 6 peaches (medium)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- cream (25 cl.)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- In a bowl, mix the flour, a pinch of salt, and butter to form a crumb.
- Gradually, add water and mix with your fingers to get a smooth dough ball.
- Divide the dough into 4 smaller balls and flatten each one with the palm of your hand.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
- Preheat the oven to 430. FLine 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and wait 6 to 7 minutes before working.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a 3 millimeter thick circle about 20 centimeters in diameter.
- Place the fruit in the center. Leave about 4 centimeters of empty space at the edge. Sprinkle the fruit with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Fold the uncovered portion of the circle on top of the fruit to form a thick edge.
- Brush the edges of the circle with the egg yolk diluted with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Whip the cream by mixing it with the powdered sugar.
- Gently mix the lavender flowers with the cream.
- Let the tarts cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.