- 1 cup butter (+ 2 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (+ 2 tbsp)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (+ 2 tbsp)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt (full-fat peach-flavored)
- 1 1/2 pounds peaches (pitted and roughly chopped)
- 9 sheets gelatin (or 3 tbsp powdered gelatin, soaked in cold water)
- 2 cups full-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound raspberries (1/4 lb puréed)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan. Cream butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix flour and baking powder together and add to egg mixture, alternating with peach yogurt until incorporated. Transfer to prepared pan and smooth out. Bake for 45 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Remove cake from pan and cut in 1/2 horizontally. Place bottom 1/2 on a cake plate and place a cake ring around it. Purée peaches, 2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tbsp sugar in a blender then strain. Measure out 1 2/3 cups purée and chill remainder. Gently dissolve 1/2 the gelatin in a small saucepan with 3 tbsp peach purée then stir back into remaining purée. Spread over bottom cake and chill for 30 mins.
- Mix plain yogurt, lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Gently dissolve remaining gelatin in a small saucepan set over a low heat with 3 tbsp yogurt mixture, then stir back into remaining yogurt mixture. Fold in raspberry purée then 1/2 cup raspberries. Spread over cake and press remaining cake 1/2 gently on top. Chill for 2 hours.
- Whip cream, gradually adding 2 tbsp sugar, until stiff. Remove cake ring and spread cream over cake. Drizzle with remaining peach purée and decorate with remaining raspberries.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.