Peaches and orange may not have the same ring as peaches and cream, at least until you sample this bright and sunny pudding, which combines canned peaches and orange flavored packaged gelatin mix in the most delightful way. If you can't find liquid caramel for lining the mold, simply spray it with nonstick cooking spray, or make a simple caramel yourself by boiling equal parts sugar and water over moderate heat until amber colored, swirling the pan to color evenly.
- 870 grams peaches (canned)
- 200 milliliters cream (milk)
- 1 packet orange gelatin
- 50 grams sugar
- 250 grams peach juice (preserved)
- liquid caramel (for the pan)
- Drain the canned peaches, but save the juice.
- Blend the peaches in the blender until a smooth, lump-free cream is formed.
- Add the peach juice, cream, sugar, and powdered gelatin. Set the Thermomix to 12 minutes, at temperature Varoma, speed 2.
- Meanwhile, pour the caramel inside and all around the bowl into which the pudding will be poured (I used a glass bowl. You can use individual cups if desired). Once finished, pour the pudding inside the bowl or cups. Once cooled, refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with orange slices and serve with whipped cream, as desired.