This creamy Peach Mousse with Strawberry Gelee is the perfect treat on a warm summer day. The peach mousse is the embodiment of the classic flavors of peaches and cream. Use canned peaches as you will need the syrup from the can for the recipe. Homemade strawberry gelee is the perfect topping to this peach mousse. Serve in a glass bowl so that you can see the distinct layer and garnish with fresh strawberry slices for an attractive finish.
- 1 box gelatin (peach, 2 packs)
- 1 can peaches in syrup
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2.5 deciliters cream
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- Make the jelly according to the directions, adding the peach syrup from the can, to the water.
- In a serving bowl, pour half of the jelly, and refrigerate to solidify.
- Set aside the rest.
- Mix the egg yolks with the condensed milk in a saucepan. Heat to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Finely cut or mash the canned peaches, and set aside. Save two slices for garnish.
- Add the peach to the condensed milk cream.
- Heat again to thicken a bit more.
- Add the jelly that was set aside, remove from heat.
- Whisk the cream well, and add to the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and gently add to the mousse.
- Pour the mouse gently over the jelly, which should already be well solidified.
- Refrigerate to solidify.
- Meanwhile, puree the strawberries in the blender, save a few for decoration.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil, puree, lemon juice, and sugar, stirring constantly.
- Dissolve the gelatin with water in a bowl.
- Pour in the strawberry puree, and stir until well mixed.
- Remove from the heat, and let cool, before spreading on the mousse.
- Garnish to taste, before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.