Peach Mousse with Strawberry GeleeReceitas Da Felicidade!
This creamy Peach Mousse with Strawberry Gelee is the perfect treat on a warm summer day. The peach mousse is the embodiment of the classic flavors of peaches and cream. Use canned peaches as you will need the syrup from the can for the recipe. Homemade strawberry gelee is the perfect topping to this peach mousse. Serve in a glass bowl so that you can see the distinct layer and garnish with fresh strawberry slices for an attractive finish.
- 1 box gelatin (peach, 2 packs)
- 1 can peaches in syrup
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 1/2 deciliters cream
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Make the jelly according to the directions, adding the peach syrup from the can, to the water.
- 2In a serving bowl, pour half of the jelly, and refrigerate to solidify.
- 3Set aside the rest.
- 4Mix the egg yolks with the condensed milk in a saucepan. Heat to thicken, stirring constantly.
- 5Finely cut or mash the canned peaches, and set aside. Save two slices for garnish.
- 6Add the peach to the condensed milk cream.
- 7Heat again to thicken a bit more.
- 8Add the jelly that was set aside, remove from heat.
- 9Whisk the cream well, and add to the mixture.
- 10Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and gently add to the mousse.
- 11Pour the mouse gently over the jelly, which should already be well solidified.
- 12Refrigerate to solidify.
- 13Meanwhile, puree the strawberries in the blender, save a few for decoration.
- 14In a saucepan, bring to boil, puree, lemon juice, and sugar, stirring constantly.
- 15Dissolve the gelatin with water in a bowl.
- 16Pour in the strawberry puree, and stir until well mixed.
- 17Remove from the heat, and let cool, before spreading on the mousse.
- 18Garnish to taste, before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.