®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Peach-Glazed Country Ham
Those raised on country-style or southern-style ham know its tangy, tasteful allure. This peach-glazed beauty would make a convert out of any Yankee.
- Using a stiff brush, thoroughly scrub the ham. Place in a large pot; cover with water and soak for 12-24 hours, changing water several times. Drain.
- Cover ham with fresh water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes per pound. Ham is done when flat (pelvic) bone moves easily.
- Lift ham from simmering liquid and remove to drain over sink. When ham is cool enough to handle, place on a large shallow roasting pan, jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Remove the rind with a sharp knife, leaving 1/4-inch-thick layer of fat. Score the ham at 1-inch intervals. Spread with peach preserves and dot with pecan halves.
- Bake in a 400 degrees F. oven for about 20 minutes or until the glaze browns.
- Transfer ham to a serving platter and cool slightly. To serve, cut ham into paper-thin slices.