- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups peaches (sliced fresh OR 1 (20 oz.) bag frozen sliced peaches, thawed)
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cream (or whipped cream)
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking dish lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and water in medium saucepan. Add peach slices. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract. Pour into prepared baking dish. Place in oven to keep warm while preparing topping.
- MIX flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine milk and vanilla. Pour over flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Remove baking dish from oven. Drop biscuit mixture in 9 mounds on top of hot fruit.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
|Calories190Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.