This seemingly simple cake has chunks of peaches running through it, for sweet summery flavor in every slice. You'll want to use only the ripest of fruit for maximum flavor. And while many recipes call for peeling the peaches before using in baking, here the peaches are unpeeled, for less effort. Olive oil imparts subtle fruitiness to the cake as well. Serve the cake dusted with powdered sugar or, in the spirit of peaches and cream, dolloped with billowy whipped cream.
- 2 peaches (large ripe unpeeled, cut into pieces)
- 125 milliliters milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 400 grams sugar
- 400 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 356°F. Grease a cake pan with margarine and coat with flour. Set aside.
- Place the peaches, milk, oil and eggs in blender or food processor process until smooth.
- Add the sugar, flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Place the batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for about 40 minutes. Check for doneness. Remove from oven and turn out onto a platter. Once cake cools, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Grind and stir everything well.
- Then, add the sugar, the flour, and the baking powder, and stir well.
- Place the dough in the cake pan, and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Check the cooking, remove from oven, and unmold.
- When cold, sprinkle with powdered sugar.