Pavlova with Poached PearOn dine chez Nanou
If you are craving something decadent and sweet, then why not give this Pear Pavlova or Poire Belle Helene with Meringue recipe a try. This rich and delicious sweet treat, combines pears with caramel candies and dark chocolate for a flavor explosion in your mouth. This fancy and flavorful treat is perfect for an intimate gathering or for a special loved one. We hope they loved this delicious dessert as much as we do. Happy baking!
- 4 pears
- 250 grams sugar
- 500 grams water
- 110 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 pieces caramel candies
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- whole milk (10 cl.)
- crème fraîche (5 cl.)
- 1/2 vanilla beans
- 60 grams mascarpone
- 200 grams whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1For the pears: Peel the pears and lemon. Heat the sugar and water to make a syrup. Submerge the pears in the syrup and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let them cool in the syrup.
- 2For the pavlova: Preheat the oven to 266 ° F. Measure out 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and set aside. Mix the remaining sugar with the cornstarch, set aside. Beat the whites with an electric mixer, as soon as they start to foam, add the remaining sugar (one spoon at a time). Add the sugar-cornstarch mixture and the lemon juice. Whisk for 4 minutes, until the mixture is glossy and stiff peaks form.
- 3Cover a baking sheet with greaseproof paper, lightly oil it and use a spoon or a pastry bag to form small piles of "meringue". With the back of a spoon, form a crater in the center of each meringue that is large enough to hold a pear. Cook for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes depending on the size. Turn the oven off and open the oven door, allow the meringues to cool in the oven.
- 4For the chocolate sauce: In a saucepan, melt the chocolate, caramel candies, milk, and cream together over low heat until you have a sauce that coats back of your spoon.
- 5For the whipped cream: Open the vanilla pod, with the tip of a knife scrape out the vanilla seeds. Mix them with mascarpone, as well as powdered sugar. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form, then carefully fold in mascarpone. Put this mixture in pastry bag with a star tip, keep cool.
- 6Place a meringue on each plate. Remove the pears from the syrup and place one in the center of each meringue, decorate with whipped cream cream and then drizzle with the warm chocolate sauce.