If you have decided to host a backyard summer barbecue for close friends, then you are on the hunt for the perfect fresh and flavorful recipes. This Summer Fresh Pavlova with Red Fruits is the perfect palate pleasing dish that will satisfy the sweet tooth, and look like you spent hours on the presentation. Be sure to leave time for the creme chantilly to sit over the meringue and fruits.
- 320 grams superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cream (20 cl. very cold)
- fruit (cut up.)
- Preheat the oven to 270F.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of sugar, and mix the rest with the cornstarch.
- Whisk the egg whites until slightly firm. Add 3 tablespoons of sugar and continue to whisk for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cornstarch-sugar mixture, the vinegar, and the vanilla. Whisk for 4 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and oil, and place the meringue in the center. With a spatula, form a crater in the center which will hold the fruit and cream.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Let cool in the oven, with the oven turned off and the door open. The meringue should still be soft inside.
- An hour before serving, whip up the creme chantilly until firm. Pour the chantilly in the center of the pavlova, letting it overflow over the edges of the meringue. Arrange the berries inside. Place back in the fridge and let cool for up to one hour. Remove from fridge 5 minutes before serving.