- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (home-made, or store bought if you are short of time)
- 1 rib celery (diced)
- 1/2 sweet onion (diced)
- 4 rashers (crispy streaky bacon, crumbled)
- 4 cornichons (diced, I used homemade dill pickles)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Maggi Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (+ pinch)
- 1/2 lemon (’s juice)
- long pepper
- kosher salt
- Peel and halve the potatoes. Throw in a saucepan, and cover by about an inch of water, add about one teaspoon of kosher salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes (or until the little guys are fork tender). Now, how firm you want the potatoes is up to you, I like a certain amount of resistance in my potato salad. Too soft and the salad degenerates into some mealy spread. But hey, if you like that...
- Meanwhile make the dressing. Put the mayonnaise in a large bowl and mix in the diced celery, onion, bacon, cornichons, hard boiled eggs, Maggi Seasoning, smoked paprika, and the lemon juice. Make sure everything gets evenly distributed and everyone gets to know each other.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain in a colander. While still warm toss with dressing making sure that everything is thoroughly coated. Season with kosher salt and long pepper and finish with a pinch of smoked paprika. Leave in the fridge for a while until all the flavours have had a chance to marry.
|Calories350Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.