Paul Bunyan BurgerPORK
This is a genuine whopper—a huge, succulent burger for a crowd. Try this for a tailgate party or on the weekend around the grill. Serve this burger cut into wedges, accompanied with deli salads, to a delighted crowd of eight.
- 2 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 tsp. garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 french bread (round, OR Italian bread loaf, cut in half horizontally)
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. In large bowl mix together pork, garlic pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pat mixture into a round that measures about 11 inches--or one inch larger than your bread.
- Place burger on a flat baking sheet for transferring to the grill. Carefully place giant burger over hot coals and grill for about 10 minutes per side. To turn the burger over, slide in onto one baking sheet, using a second baking sheet to help push it on. Sandwich the burger between the two baking sheets, hold them together and invert the patty, uncooked side down. Slide the big burger onto the grill, cooked side up. Continue grilling until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- When done, slide the burger onto the bottom of the loaf, top with top of loaf and cut into wedges to serve.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories400Calories from Fat270
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat270
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes