Patience CookiesEl invitado de invierno
Requiring just five simple ingredients, this recipe for Patience Cookies leaves you with a soft and fluffy cookie with a light lemon flavor. Made from stiffly whipped egg whites, these cookies are light and fluffy in texture. Watch the cookies closely while baking as they only need a short amount of time and can burn or overcook quickly. Tap the baking tray with the unbaked cookies on it before baking to remove any air bubbles.
- 280 milliliters egg whites (approximately 10 eggs)
- salt (or cream of tartar)
- 400 grams sugar
- 460 grams flour
- 3 drops lemon extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- 2Beat the egg whites with a pinch of the salt or cream of tartar until foam starts to build up. Then add in the sugar little by little until a shiny meringue forms.
- 3Fold in the sifted flour and lemon extract carefully so as not to lose volume.
- 4Fill a pastry bag with the mixture. Squeeze out 3-centimeter-diameter circles on a baking tray covered with aluminum foil. Try to keep the tip of the pastry bag very close the the pan so the circles do not have much volume.
- 5Once the baking tray is filled, lift it up a bit and let it fall on the table to knock any bubbles out of the circles and let them flatten even more. Let rest for a few minutes.
- 6Bake for 4 to 5 minutes then let cool another 5 minutes still inside the baking tray but outside the oven before removing.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat4.5|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat4.5|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.