- 1/2 pound chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 pound pork belly (uncured bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 pound smoked sausage (plain, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 pound chicken livers (coarsely chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove (halved)
- 1 shallot (medium, halved)
- 1 egg
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1 bay leaf
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the chicken or turkey, pork, garlic, and shallot and process until minced.
- Add the ham, process again until it is finely chopped.
- Add the chicken livers, salt, pepper, egg, cinnamon, and cognac and process – pulsing the blade - once more, until everything is well minced and combined.
- Spray a 2-cup rectangular loaf pan or terrine with the non-stick spray; transfer the mixture to the pan, packing it in firmly.
- Smooth the top with a rubber spatula and press the bay leaf gently into the top of the meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until the pâté has slightly pulled away from the sides of the dish and the top is nicely browned, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool. Cover and refrigerate for 1 day to allow the flavors to develop.
- Turn it out onto a serving platter. Cut it into slices to serve, at room temperature.
|Calories550Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.