If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Pate Brisee. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 250 grams flour
- 125 grams butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 egg yolks
- water (5 cl.)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Combine the flour, butter, egg yolk, water, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- 2Knead on low speed for about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove the dough ball from the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 4Use the dough in your favorite recipe.